Rainbow Cottage believes
* that children learn best through a combination of play based experiences, natural and man-made environments and by using intentional teaching strategies based on a child’s interest and abilities;
* that children should have a strong connection to family, community and the world around them and by fostering these connections of past and present, we build on diversity of culture, abilities and attributes;
* in a partnership approach to early education and care between our families and our highly trained educators, who have a strong focus on each child’s emerging autonomy;
* in providing small, personal, age appropriate groups for children to develop trusting relationships with educators and peers and to engage with other children of different ages and abilities; and
* in promoting a culture of professionalism among our staff and encouraging personal and professional growth through training and support, including of students on work placements.